Did you know?
- Every year 1 in 3 adults age 65 or older falls.
- One out of 5 falls causes serious injury.
- Once you experience a fall your chance of another fall increases.
- 50% of older adults fear falling and as a result curtail activity.
- Being inactive causes a loss of muscle strength and balance.
But Here’s the Good News!
Sonoma County Area Agency on Aging workshops provides an interactive format where you will learn about your personal risks of falling, as well as be guided to exercises that are appropriate for you. Also, we will discuss how you can alter your living space to make your home safer. Participants in these workshops enjoy the interaction and gain confidence about their ability to exercise.
- Falls are preventable.
- By being active, especially with exercise that promotes leg strength, you can improve your balance and ability to recover if you should stumble.
- Other changes to your nutrition, living space, and attitude can greatly reduce your risk of falling.
This 3 session series is taught virtually using the Zoom platform.
Please call (707) 996-0311 with any questions.
Tuesdays May 4 through May 18
10:00 to 11:0