You may be wondering what our “status” is here at Vintage House. Specifically, when do we re-open? Since this all began, we have been in constant consultations with local, state, and national agencies—including other senior centers—gathering excellent advice and critical data.
Right now, we are offering Bird Watching in person (outdoors), and programs in person on the back patio!!
When we are completely confident we can ensure your health, only then will we fully re-open. We will make announcements here, on our class schedule, and via our weekly e-blast newsletter. Click here to sign up to receive the newsletter!
So, for now, please hang in here with us virtually, while we solidify plans to see each other in person soon!
Sonoma’s Air Quality is a Major Concern:
- To check air quality, search for your location here: https://tinyurl.com/y56rjhcq
Knowledge is Power:
- Cal Fire usually provides two briefings per day – usually 7am and 7pm. Those updates are shared across social media, but can also normally be found here: https://tinyurl.com/y5d8umq8
- The County of Sonoma updates their GIS system to provide a map of the evacuation zones during the fire. This map is interactive, and will be updated regularly. To see the map: https://tinyurl.com/y3g2lses
- The Sheriff uses zones to announce evacuations. To look at the complete zone map of Sonoma County: https://data.sonomasheriff.org/files/map/ZoneMap.pdf
- The City of Sonoma has released their own evacuation zone map. See it here: https://www.sonomacity.org/whats-your-zone-city-of-sonoma-releases-evacuation-zone-map/
- The county has open centers to charge devices, Wi-Fi, and medical device support. Search Sonoma County at the bottom of the page: https://pgealerts.alerts.pge.com/updates/psps-events/?fbclid=IwAR2QhWD7ve81ffTHikQ2RWbn0JJf2Jz2jsWl3zqYqxdRgY9AVMARn7_nocU
- Alert system: To learn about your alert options, sign up for notifications, and learn what different sirens mean: https://srcity.org/3184/Alerting-Tools
- Evacuation check list: To feel better prepared for a possible evacuation – review this checklist: https://tinyurl.com/y4g62gaq
- Evacuation centers can be found by clicking here: https://socoemergency.org/emergency/evacuation-centers/
- For additional preparedness tips, click here: https://srcity.org/3182/Preparedness-Tips
211 Sonoma is a county service where information about Food Secutiry, SIP Updates, School Lunch Sites, Financial Resources and more can be found. Dail 2-1-1- or….CLICK HERE
We’re excited to offer a virtual place for us to connect: Let’s Talk is an opportunity for seniors to get together (via zoom/video conference) and build friendships. We are all in this together! Thursdays from 11:00 to 12:00 FREE …CLICK HERE
MEALS: Seniors can receive a meal on Wednesdays and Fridays between 11am and 1pm at our festive front door, or by delivery to you (by advanced arrangement only – call 707-996-0311)
The Sebastiani At Home offers exclusive movies, including those currently in theaters, for rent from their website – plus, local independent films not currently available on Netflix and other streaming platforms ….CLICK HERE
The Sonoma County Library and many leading digital content providers now offer more choices for online digital content. The San Francisco Chronicle, Sonoma Index-Tribune, and many more newspapers are avilable digitally for free! …CLICK HERE
From the Press Democrat: Wave, write or call local seniors isolated by the pandemic
Chris Smith has written a great article about the isolation some of our neighbors feel, and what we all can do to help.
Minutes of Mindfulness
10 Weeks of Quarrantine Life with Bobbie Jonas
Week 10 video, what does the new normal look like? What will help you feel safe?
Meditation with Katie Dejongh
Are you feeling additional anxiety? You’re not alone. This pandemic has us all facing more stress and anxiety than usual. Take 20 minutes out of your day and listen to Katie’s soothing voice to help guide you through physical and mental benefits.
A Second Installment
During this time of uncertainty, it’s comforting to feel the emerging sense of community and interconnectedness. As we help each other through this, we must also take care of our own physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. Please enjoy!